Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Idols at the AMA's

No doubt by now you have heard that Carrie Underwood and Chris Daughtry mopped the floors sweeping up all kinds of mad props in the form of those glass pyramid trophies at the AMAs.

The AMA's are not as prestigious at the Grammys. 4 sure. Did you see Justin Timberlake's acceptance speeches. He was so smug. Nerd. I thought that Fergie was cool with her win. And Beyonce' was great. Maybe she is a better actress than we give her credit!

Alicia Keys was horrifying in that grey catsuit, complete with cameltoe. Ugh. WTF. Who told that crazy girl to wear that? Probably the same one that turned Queen Latifah into a boring 40's Big Band singer, complete with a crazy side-o-the-head part in her hair that made her look lopside-headed. I must say, Jimmel Kimmel is weird. I mean sort of pervy and I don't like him no mo'. He and Sara Silverman are perfectly odd for each other, and I just don't want to be a spectator anymore.

Now, let me give some stuff on Carrie. I consider myself an expert on her. I like to study her. All kidding aside, for someone that is interested in the effects of celebrity on the human psychy, she is a perfect subject. All of the idols are, for that matter, (the ones that become famous...not Sanjaya or Trailer Hicks...but I like to study the failures too...I digress). So Amy said that the Portland radio station was bashing her...said she was cool in the studio, and fame had gone to her head. So, let's think about this a bit. How often do you hear or read ANY MEDIA PERSON on tv or radio, raving about how nice and kind someone is??? NICE is not worth talking about. Scandal and BITCHY, now that perks up the ears and sells the mag covers. It's more fun to say she is a beautiful bitch because haters get more attention.

Now, my awesome blog readers...I know what you are thinking...ColeyB is Biased for her Carrie. She can't see beyond the awesomeness of her favorite Idol. Well, in fact, I can. And I do think she has flaws. If you can make it through any of her acceptance speeches without hitting the TIVO FF button, then you are a better person than me. I cringe when she speaks. I want to give her speaking lessons and teach her passion SO badly. She is stiff in performance, and stiff in speaking. She is disconnected in a way...Mmmm...could this be the bitchiness the radio jocks are speaking of. MAYBE...well in fact, Carrie has put all the guessing to rest by speaking to a reporter about it in USA Today (my favorite newspaper...the People Magazine of news) She, herself, is quoted as saying, "I'm very shy and people think I am rude or standoffish. And until I get to know you, I don't have alot to say. But when I do, then I say what I have to say." And she finishes by saying, "I'm a lot like my dad, a man of few words." Carrie is stubborn, raised by a strict Christian family on a small town farm in Checotah, OK. Her momma told her what to wear on her first tv performance, and said "no" to her first outfits for being too risky. So, imagine where she is coming from when these media jackals are harrassing her while she is on a date with Tony Romo, or trying to go to church where parish members are taking cellphone pics of her praying. It's quite a lot to deal with I bet, with a smile on your face. And she has been betrayed by long time friends who sold her out. I'm happy she is having a good time with Chace Crawford (hottie from Gossip Girl) and getting to enjoy the fruits of her labor.

Don't you love it when I climb up on my soap box???

More later. I need to take a breath. Next up...celebrity mansions from Queen Lee Lee.

1 comment:

tinkfromcalif said...

I am so glad you FINALLY got to the AMA's. I swear I have always wanted to see someone fall on their face going up the stairs so you can imagine how hysterical I thought it was when that boy band (who WERE they?!?!) came out and the singer ate shit fell coming out. I had to rewind the TIVO about 5 times and had tears streaming down my face before my oldest son (who thinks I am way to sarcastic and mean at times, YA THINK?!) came out and watched it about 5x too cracking up. He then had to go get his brother to watch it too. Honest to God after about 15x I was still laughing! Is that mean?
Have a wonderful Turkey Day, everyone! Oh yeah, Cole, my hubby and I became first time grandparents on the 16th! A beautiful little girl named Rylie Marie. I am WAY too young to be a grandma!