Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Gleeeeeee!!!!!!!

I have succumbed to the Glee Vortex of hysteria.

If you don't watch it, you're really missing something. I watched 2 episodes at the beginning and couldn't get past the fact that it felt like FAME, which I absolutely despise, for no apparent reason. I also hated Flashdance and Footloose. So why do I love this show?

Well, probably my irrational need to root for the underdog. I have never rooted for a team that is predicted to win. I also go for the contestant that has heart.

Oddly enough, this show has alot of real substance, and much of the drama involves the adult relationships as well. But I see glimpses of Arrested Development and other quirky kind of things that make me laugh...like the principal...Figgins...who is of Indian decent, and I love to hear him say "Sue! your monkeyshines have to stop".

And there is real drama and anger and tears. It's all there PEOPLE. There's a reason they won a Golden Globe. So get it on your Netflix cue or buy the dvd that is just out.

You can watch the last 4-5 episodes for free on Hulu TV right now too, which is what I did, to catch up. I do think I am going to buy the dvd though. The outtakes are supposed to be good.

xoxo,

ColeyB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you see that they are planning a Glee concert tour (a la American Idol)?