Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Super Saturday tomorrow...

Oh, it will take an act of God to keep me out of Macy's tomorrow. I went to Costco today. If you haven't bought the Buttermilk Cinnamon Streusel coffeecake thingy, you are missing out on one of the 7 culinary wonders of the world. I also found myself mouthing "OMG" in my head as some crazy ass cut me off chasing to get a free sample of Chicken Tamale. Of course, I guess I should thank him or I would have missed the tamale stand...but the freakin' thing burned the roof of my mouth. Stupid Costco waitress food pushers. I cheated and bought a Churro tonite. Those are also on my Costco list of things to do when I am being bad in a retail environment. I also like to trip children, and/or pretend I am going to purchase them. There was a little girl in a basket tonite, and I asked her how much she cost. I also asked her what shelf she was on, and where there any with black hair? Of course, she totally engaged with me, because I am so cool, whacky works with kids you know. Well, her mom was queen buzzkill from the forest of stress, and she wheeled her away just as we were about to taste some cookies. So, off I went to torment some other height challenged humans.

$142.00 later, I have some photo albums, some coffeecake (see above), a book, a calendar, picture frames, blah, blah blah...oh and a pizza which I got to watch getting made through the magic window to the kitchen. I timed her...she makes 4 pizzas every minute 30 seconds. Amazing. Can you believe it?

So, I know this all seems a little out of character for me...but I am trying to ease into vacation mode. Despite the fact that Jeffro thinks all I do is go on vacation...it's not my fault that the coalmine I work for is closed until Jan 2. I actually don't go back until Jan 7. My mom is visiting and so I'm taking some time off to spend with her after Christmas. Very excited.

Well, I've got to start packing for our trip to LaLa Land for Christmas. nothing like 70 degrees and smog to bring out the old Christmas spirit. LOL.

More blogging later, should I survive Super Shopping Saturday, as I will have plenty of time to blog after we arrive Los Angeles.

Cole

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just got off the phone with mom. Needed Mimi's potato salad recipe. What was it that made it so good? It was the only potato salad I liked for years. I think because it doesn't have mustard. Mom also needed the directions for my fool-proof turkey procedure. She called for it umpty-twelve times. But she kept leaving a message saying, "What kind of bag do you use? One of these oven-ready? Or just like a brown paper bag? No, that doesn't make sense because it would just blow up in the first part where you have the oven on 500. CALL ME BACK!!"

For the record -- there is absolutely no bag involved. Don't know where she got that. For reference, this is Alton Brown's procedure from his Food Network Good Eat's episode, "Romancing the Bird." We've made this turkey five or six times now and it is the best in the world. Quick and easy too. But if you buy a frozen turkey, skip the brining part. Your frozen turkey is already sitting in the brine. We didn't know that the first time -- salty!! But the brining deal is muy tasty if you are getting a fresh turkey like Grannie and DadPa are acquiring from their organic farmer friends.

Holly Jolly,
Seester!