Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Hannukah, etc....

To all a big wish for much love and peace in 2008.

Now that I have that out of the way, let's get to where the hell I have been. Literally, I have had to force myself to sit on this couch today...and write in my blog. What used to bring me so much joy, has been back burnered by Christmas gift buying, Christmas party going, and all around other festivities of the season. I was so busy this week, I couldn't even drive home, I had to spend the night with a friend in order to be able to handle all I had to do in a 24 hour period. Insane. Remind me to quit my job before I ever schedule 3 major presentations during the 2 weeks prior to Christmas break. Ugh.

So, I guess this is all my excuse for why I haven't been on the blog. But quite frankly, I figured everyone was a little too busy to be logging in for me anyway. Well, I guess I was wrong, because I've been getting some pretty hairy emails and a few nasty comments at the Christmas party last night (thanks Lu) saying...where's the blog??? We need a post.

I'm watching "Surviving Christmas" in hopes of getting some good tips! James Gandolfini, Christina Applegate, Ben Affleck, Catherine O'Hara, William H. Macy...so far so good. But I'm only 10 minutes into it. Okay, 30 minutes into it now...and Ben is paying this family 250,000 to be his family for Christmas. haha.
Hey, at our Company DVD exchange on Friday, guess how lucky I got? I drew "Uncle Buck". ha ha. There was almost a brawl over a copy of Ratatouille. How weird. Did anyone see SuperBad yet? I did, and let me say it ain't no Napolean Dynamite. It was funny, but not all that. Super Bad Santa with Billy Bob Thornton was awful. Almost depressed me beyond words.
Hey I went to Tahoe for my bday. Here's some pics. This bench was right outside our cabin. So serene and beautiful is the first snow of Winter. Awesome.

As I mentioned earlier, one of my busy evenings out was a business dinner, and this one was special as Famous Julian was part of the crew. Very fun and tons of laughter.
As we are closing in on the end of the year, I thought I'd recap the comings and goings of some of our main players on the blog. Well, Chad and Christina are MIA or lurking in the wings awaiting the new American Idol Season (more on that later). Jeffro sadly suffered the loss of his mother, who had been ill for some time. Our sincerest condolensces for his loss. AmyB has relocated herself, turning over a new leaf in a new forest literally...headed to Portland. She's wonderfully happy. Lu has also found new gainful employment outside of EA, and is also happy. One of my new year resolutions is to have lunch with Lu at a new sandwich shop near work. DeeDee's co-workers...thanks so much for caring so much about me. As DeeDee will tell you, after having lived with me for about 3 years in our youth, that I am as unpredictable as the Texas weather...And while my life is always full of drama, I just wouldn't have it any other way. I am 100% alive and electrified at all times.
And now I will leave you with one of my biggest dilemnas...When is it appropriate to start writing about American Idol, Season 8? OMG, I can't stand it. I'm so excited. I've tried to get jazzed about other shows, but nothing is as good as a good bust up between Simon and Pauler, while Randy sits on the side and reminsces about his days with Journey.
A couple of things I've been contemplating for the new year...my rating system. It would seemingly be appropriate to change to awarding good performances with a Jordan. And bad performances with Sanjayas. But here's the reason I won't. Jordan has not done the crown justice. She is no Kelly or Carrie. And well, I can't bear to write Sanjaya over and over all season. I just can't be part of promoting his name. So, despite what you might think...I am thinking about the new season!!!

More later! Got to get back to making cookies.

ColeyB

4 comments:

Lu said...

This post makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and filled with Christmas cheer. It was so fantastic to see you last night, and I would love to have lunch with you at the sandwich spot near the big N. However, I'll tell you what...it's no Steve's...but the cookies are scrumptious.

I'll send you our glamour shot soon.

XOXO.

Daryn DeZengotita said...

Got your annual Xmas letter yesterday. I love it how you always have to change the margins to .25" and change the font to something condensed. And then you STILL didn't have room to sign it! I think you saved the funny for your blog though. Were you worried you might let an f-bomb fly in front of the whole fam damily?

Holly Jolly!
Seester

windycitynut said...

Here's a ratings idea. Bad ratings really means bad choices-song, wardrobe, vocal style, whatever. There is only one name out there that represents bad choices. SPEARS. (Is that a Louisiana thing?) I can't think of anything worse than a four Spears rating. Speaking of which, I would love to get a bootleg copy of Mama Spears parenting book. Especially interested in the chapters "How to select the right candles for your daughters fornication" and " Condoms are for sissies!" Well, one good thing, Jamie Lynn and her child will be able to graduate high school together. Cole, sorry to hear about your most recent accident. I hope you were able to get some time off work since it has probably has been at least a week since your last vacation. Merry Christmas everyone.

Unknown said...

Cole dahhhhling,
Merry Christmas. I do love you, let me count thy ways. Thank you for the nice shout out on your blog. Portland is damn chilly. There was frost on the windshield when I left work to go back to my hotel tonight. Eeeek. I will be in SF from Dec 28 - Jan 14 and then it is sayonara sweetheart. (Said in a "sofa city, sweetheart" way like the kid from 16 Candles.) I miss you, and I miss some peeps, but I am lying if I said I miss 209 Redwood Shores Parkway. It is nice to have a new adventure. Tumbleweeds roll by at 5pm in my new office. It is a ghost town - actual time to be a normal person every night!
Can we please get together before I move?
I love you, girlfriend. amy x x x